Monday, February 6, 2012

Week #3 of Lupron

Today, marks 3 weeks since I was given my menopause shot.  There has been so many changes going on since I got the shot.  The next day after getting the shot I boarded a train, and moved to Connecticut to be with my boyfriend.  So, I have been trying to adjust to a new state, a new home, and menopause.  I am adjusting to Connecticut and our new home more so than the menopause.

I've seen women go through menopause and thought WOW that doesn't look to terrible.  I guess they either were blessed to not have a bad experience or they are masking it.  I never thought that at 22 I would ever be going through this type of life change.  I feel like my body is my own enemy.  Every second, minute, and hour it's like I am a different person, or in another mood.  It is so frustrating to go back and forth.  I wish my body would figure itself out.

I have had a few moments of acting like a 5 year old not getting her way.  The crazy thing is that it is usually over nothing and I go from laughing to filled with rage.  I know this is a side effect from all the medications I have in my body and the hormonal change, but it is insane.

I have become insanely emotional!  I cry like someone just killed my dog or something horrible for no reason.  I look like I have waterfalls streaming down my face.  The smallest thing will make me cry.  You can compliment me and I will either say thank you, cry, or try to rip your head off.

I keep telling myself that these extremes should end in about another week or so.  I pray that they do.  I am just very blessed to have such an amazing boyfriend that is holding nothing against me.  He is a great supporter.  He has been wonderful and amazing through this whole thing :)  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....