Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 3 Post-Op

The past 3 days have been pretty good.  I have had my moments of pain, and discomfort.  I have only taken 3.5 Percocet's since Friday, which is great.  This recovery has been so much easier than the last two surgeries.

I took my bandages off yesterday.  My incisions look great even though they are a tad bit red.  Today, they have been itchy which is a good sign :)  I think my doctor did a excellent job with my incisions.  They are clean and neat.  My last surgeries incisions were not clean and all over the place.  My poor belly button :(

Belly button incision.  The scar you can see on the lower bottom of m belly button is from last years surgery.  The lighting isn't the greatest and it is not as red as it looks.



Lower abdomen incision.  It looks red but most of that is due to the lighting. 
Overall everything is going quite well.  I can't wait to go to my Post-Op and discuss what options we have and what can be done to save my poor little tube.  Even after my incisions heal it will still take my body months to fully recover from this surgery.  I finally had relief of all the gas in my shoulders.  It is great to be able to lay down and not have stabbing pains in my chest and shoulders anymore.  The stomach swelling has definitely gone down over the past few days.  Obviously, I am still a little puffy.  I look forward to being able to go to the bathroom or cough without having to hold a pillow or towel to my stomach to help with pain and so I don't pop a stitch :P

I got a call today for my Primary Doctor who told me that my thyroid was finally in an appropriate normal range.  However, since it has been all over the charts mainly too low that it seems like I'm developing Hypothyroidism.  I already knew this but to hear it and now have to be monitored to see if I need medication for that.  I also will be going to an Immune, Allergy, and Infectious Disease doctor in the next few weeks because of my Steven-Johnson's Syndrome.  Thankfully, I have not had a problem with any of the medication I have been given for this surgery and recovery. 

I am so thankful for my amazing friends that have been bringing us dinner every night since my surgery.  It is such a relief to not have to worry about cooking.  You ladies are amazing and we are forever thankful for your kindness and generosity. 

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....