Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 1 of Lupron Done and Update

I have been busy the past week with being sick and 3 different doctor appointments for different things.

Today, is the first complete week of my Lupron shot.  It has been a rollercoaster ride once again.  I will say it isn't as bad as last year's experience so far.  John and I are both hoping it stays that way.  I have been very tired, and have headaches all day.  All I can do is take one day at a time.  My moods have been fluctuating but I don't feel like going completely insane thank goodness!  We will have to wait and see what the next few weeks have in store for us.
 
I quit smoking :)  I've been nicotine free for 2 weeks now.  I am doing pretty well with that.  I will say between quitting smoking, then immediately getting sick and getting the Lupron injection have impacted my moods and everything else.  Being smoke free and trying to get healthier is just the beginning to a healthier me!  Plus, if I want to IVF and have a safe pregnancy I knew I had to quit.  Here is to a lifetime of being smoke free!!!!!

This is how I have felt for the past week between the Lupron, quitting smoking, being sick, and people getting on my nerves!

Totally unrelated to my Endometriosis but when I got sick after smoking I was told I had bronchitis.  Well, after seeing an Allergy & Immunity doctor yesterday I do not have bronchitis.  My lungs themselves are inflamed along with the rest of my respiratory track.  They seem to think it is due to my asthma and allergies but aren't 100% sure at this time.  I get to do a few different allergy test at the end of the month.  I also get to take strong nasal sprays and inhalers right before the testing because I failed my breathing test.  This isn't the first time that this has happened.  I have had problems with allergies, asthma, and bronchitis for years and smoking has only caused it to get worse.  I am now paying for all the times I thought the nicotine was relaxing and calming me.  WRONG!!

I did go and speak to my PCM about my thyroid results.  While my body is producing antibodies that are attacking my thyroid and other body tissues they can't do anything until the #'s go up to a certain level.  I think this crazy but there isn't much I can do about it.  I go back the week of February 17th to see if the levels are still going up, staying the same or dropping.  Based off of those results we will determine if I need to see an Endocrinologist.

Today, I scheduled my first IVF Consult for February 19th at the University of Connecticut's Center for Advanced Reproductive Services!!!!  I am so excited but at the same time nervous!  My OBGYN is working on the consult letter and documentation to send to the Walter Reed NMMC IVF Program.  I want to get as many options and consults as possible.  IVF is very expensive and the military doesn't cover it at ALL!!!  Once we get all of the consults we will have a lot of decisions to make, plans to try to work out and all that jazz. 

I think this year will be a great year for John and I regardless of what may happen.  There is no guarantee that IVF will work but we are going to try and that's all we can do.  At the end of the day we are our own family and a baby doesn't make a family it only adds to it.  It brings more love, commitment, joy, happiness, and awesomeness that was already formed.  It would be so nice to be able to add to our family the precious gift of life and it WILL HAPPEN!!

Well ladies and gents that's all I have to say for now.  Have a great day!

Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....