Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cycle 2 Failure

On October 14th I went and had blood drawn at 8:00 am.  I was getting on a plane a few hours later to fly all the way across the country.  On the way to the airport my doctor called me with my results.  My IUI was unsuccessful and I was not pregnant.  My heart once again sank.  Right after that phone call I started having cramps.  Hours later on the plane my period started.  Talk about bad timing.  

This cycle in general was very odd.  I had no PMS symptoms until after that phone call.  This is so unusual for me since PMS usually starts 1 week and a half before my period starts.  I had nothing.  Over the next few days all I did was spot which is also unusual.  I took a test just because I wanted to see the negative for myself.  It was devastating to see again.

I called my doctor to see when I should start testing for a LH surge for cycle 3.  I did and the next blog will share that experience and whats to come.

For those that are interested in how my trip to Washington was it was good but cut short.  I got there on Thursday night and left Sunday morning.  My father in law is sick and I went to Indiana too be with my husband and his family.

The stress from both this cycle and my father in law being sick I'm sure wasn't going to help cycle 3.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. When I try to get pregnant, sometimes I don't have PMS symptoms or I'll have a late period until I get a negative pregnancy test. I've always just thought it was because I wanted to be pregnant so bad that my brain stops my period until I know I'm not. Hard to explain, but I wonder if you went through the same thing??

    ReplyDelete

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....