Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ovulation, Results, & Waiting

When you have been constantly trying to conceive sometimes you will start doing things to improve your chances that some think is odd or gross.  If that's opinion that is fine but we well I have decided a few months ago I would start taking detail notes on my cycles and observe everything that can help us determine when I am fertile.  So yes I am that crazy lady that takes her Basal Body Temperature every morning, checks her cervix position, cervical opening, her cervical fluid, and takes Ovulation Prediction Test religiously.   I know that may be TMI but hey I am just being honest.  It's not like I haven't made it very clear that there is a lot of talk on my blog about my vagina, uterus, cervix, semen, sperm, sex and general TTC stuff.  Anyways, with that said lets move on with some updates and what is going on now.

John had another Semen Analysis or SA done on the 5th.  I'm sure it was awkward for him to be in a hospital doing this business or as some call it "Making Love To A Cup".  It was awkward for me to sit and wait in the waiting room having the medical staff make awkward looks in my direction.  We got the results on the 11th.  He is definitely does not have a fertility problem.  He got above average levels in everything except morphology.  He had 3% overall and they just changed the "grading system" to 4% or higher for good quality.  However, he had plenty of swimmers that looked normal, had excellent forward progression, and 59% of the sample survived long enough to be able to make it to the uterus.  So, even though he only had 3% morphology he is considered very fertile :D :D :D :D

So since I have been charting my cycles in detail I knew something was off on CD 9/10.  My period ended on CD 7 (2/3).  On dc 9 (2/5) I started taking OPKs.  The test lines were almost as dark as the control line.  If you don't know when you use an OPK it is negative if the test line isn't as dark or darker than the control line.  Also most peoples test lines will go from faint to gradually getting darker until they get a positive.  I took a test a few hours later and the test line was even darker but not quite there.  Since this has never happened to me before this early in my cycle we did the deed. The following day CD 10 (2/6) even darker almost there.  On CD 11 (2/7) the line was more faint than before and my BBT (Basal Body Temp) had dipped a little.  Cd 12 (2/8) my BBT shoot up some and I was curious what was going on.  Cd 13 my suspension was sort of confirmed by my Fertility Friend App.  It started that I ovulated already.  I was a little confused since last cycle I ovulated around CD 17-19.  I called my REs nurse Monday morning which was CD 14.  She said I needed a Progesterone test done.  So I went in and had my labs drawn.  Tuesday CD 15 (2/11) I got the results.  My Progesterone was 7.69 and I most definitely had already ovulated.  So my temp and app were correct.  I immediately started taking my Endometrin vaginal Progesterone suppositories.  Today I am on CD 18 or 7dpo.  There are a few reasons why this could of happened but that would require more labs and ultrasounds.  We will pursue that if needed after the results of my pregnancy test this month.  I go in 10 days (2/24 aka CD 28) from a blood pregnancy test.  With the possibilities of why I ovulated much earlier I am to call immediately if I start bleeding before my test.  Now we just wait to see what God has store for us.  We are hoping and praying that this is our cycle.  It has been a very long 20 months and we are still going strong (even with my moments of sadness, and feeling hopelessness).

Below is a copy of my cycle chart from this cycle.  Once I entered my BBT for cd13 (2/9) the chart predicted that I had ovulated and started the count up from there.  It can get confusing but is very useful.  It is amazing what your body can tell you if you actually listen to it!  Without charting we would of missed this entire cycle and that would of been very upsetting. 
 

In other news we are moving at the end of this month!!  We are finally moving out of the cold, snowy Northeast and back to the South :D :D  Yes, it has been snowing down there as well but not like it has been here.  My RE here is going to follow me from Massachusetts until I am able to get into an RE in VA.  This way I can get all the appropriate medications and test done monthly until then.  We are so thankful that she is willing to do that for us from a far. 

With all of this said please continue to pray, send good vibes or whatever it is that you do for the two of us.  It really is appreciated.  Also, prayers for a safe and smooth move would be great. 

If you are dealing with nasty weather stay warm and safe! 

Until next time......







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....