Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Menstrual Cycles


Young girls at different ages start their menstrual cycle.  If you understand the mysterious “female parts” you know that once a month an egg is released from one of your ovaries.  If that egg is not fertilized the egg and the lining of the uterus(endometrial tissue) sheds itself.  This my dear is a menstrual cycle.  Something that every single women has to go through in their life time.  Some women have a cycle into their 40's, 50's, and sometimes 60’s when nature takes its course and menopause starts.  Then some women have problems at different stages in their lives with their menstrual cycles.  Some are fortunate enough to have their problems solve themselves or birth control helps them.  Others like me are not as fortunate.  I am one of many women that suffer from Endometriosis that has actually been.  I am dealing with the side effects of the disease.  I will be 23 this April and I am in a medically induced menopausal state to hopefully preserve what is left of my reproductive organs.  I have lost one ovary less than two months ago and I hope that that is the only thing I will lose from this disease! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....