Saturday, March 30, 2013

UCONN Appointment

On Thursday I went to UCONN.  I got good and not so good news. 

So, here we go.........

My Thyroid Antibodies are still increasing as my Thyroid starts to fail.  They are 24 times higher than the normal range.  My actual TSH is normal but is in the very low part of normal.  I am going be seeing an Endocrinologist so he can monitor my Thyroid and treat my symptoms.  I can start medication to replace Thyroid hormones once it actually fails. 

My fertility doctor wants me to have my HSG like my OB wants in a few weeks.  Everyone is very skeptical if the Lupron has done anything.  I have been advised to stop getting Lupron injections.  If it worked or at least helped and they can open the tube more we may be able to do an IUI.  That would be nice since it is a lot cheaper and less for us to go through.

IVF is going to actually be a little bit less expensive than we thought.  It will be about $10,000 for an entire cycle.  When we priced it out at other places it was between $15,000-20,000.  I will take $10,000 instead ;)  So that is excellent news.  John and I still need to discuss everything. 

I started the lab test to get the ball rolling just in case if we decide to do the IVF :) :) 

Now for the not so thrilling news.......

I have fluid in my uterus.  There is a chance that is side effect from the Norethindrone.  After I start cycles again they will look again to see if it is still there. 

My poor ovary was really small even for being suppressed.  It was smaller this time than what it was the last time I was on the Lupron. 

There was talk that there could be a chance that I don't have enough eggs :\ :\  We will have to wait for the Lupron to wear off to get a clearer picture. 

My doctor believes my pain I am having right now is being caused by hernias.  They believe the hernias are through the holes in the Peritoneum that supports the uterus.  So we have to wait and see what my PCM says.  If I do have them I will have to have them surgically removed.  

Needless to say John and I have lots to talk about and we also have a lot more waiting to do.  I appreciate all of y'alls support and prayers.  Thank you Bridget for going with me :)

Until next time.............




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....