Monday, October 14, 2013

FET Coming Up

Sorry it has been a while since my last post.  I was going to update you all before now but we were waiting for results and other things.  I figured I'd just make one post about everything.

My PCM ran more test to figure out what was going on with my thyroid and and look into some new symptoms.  Good news they did not find any tumors, cancer, or any major problems.  All of my thyroid test were normal except the antibodies.  Good news though about my antibodies they have decreased significantly.  I personally think it that is due to me eating healthier and exercising.  My allergies have also been causing me some problems.  I have broken out 4 times in the last 2 months randomly and we don't know the cause.  We know it could just be from my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  As of now no new flare ups :)

With that said John and I have decided to continue our IVF cycle :D  So my period is supposed to be here any day now.  When AF makes her grand appearance I will start my medications!  This time I won't need most of the same medications that I needed last time thank goodness.  My medications arrived last Friday.  I will be on Estradiol 2mg tablets (Estrogen) and various milligrams of Progesterone in Sesame Oil injections.  

I have to admit i can't wait for my darn period to show up so we can start!  This picture doesn't look to intimidating as the fresh cycles medication.....Recap....
 YIKES!!! 
Once I start my medications I will have to see my doctor every 2-3 days to do ultrasounds and blood work.  Based of of these test we will know if I can up my dosage of Estradiol and also see if my uterus is ready for the transfer.  This is where my worries and fear is.....  The embryo has to be thawed.  While there is a 95% survival rate for the embryo it is still nerve racking knowing something could happen and all of this be over before we really do anything.  Emotions are running high.  Remember this is our last embryo and our last IVF cycle we will ever do!  As far as the beta pregnancy test goes, I will not be telling anyone if the cycle worked or not until I have confirmation that John knows.  Our schedules are hectic so don't expect a post 1-2 days after this cycle like the last one.  If it is positive and after John knows a few select family members and friends will be notified.  I will not confirm anything until we know if everything is okay regardless of the outcome.

If the FET is not successful I will be going under for another surgery to "clean house" and a last ditch effort to work on the tube.  This will be the 4th time that my tube will be worked on to open it.  It may or may not work.  All we can do is hope and pray for the best and that I won't need to do another surgery. 

I have to say it breaks my heart knowing right now we have a life that has been created and it is in a laboratory frozen, not growing and not with us! 


Until next time......

-Pray that our embryo thaws and survives.
-Pray that the embryo implants and grows into a beautiful healthy baby.
-Pray that John and I can get through another cycle regardless of the outcome.
-Also pray for our family and close friends that are feeling pain from our struggle.

This month is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month.  It is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Wear Blue and Pin this month and support both months! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....