Friday, June 7, 2013

The Climb

I made a "Infertility Playlist" in itunes so I could listen to it when I was down in the dumps with everything going on.  Recently it was playing while I was driving.  Miley Cyrus' The Climb came on.  I was listening to the lyrics and it hit me.  This song is so PERFECT for our situation and others like myself.  It says everything that we feel, think and want to say.  Let me break it down for you verse by verse: 
 
"I can almost see it That dream I am dreaming But there's a voice inside my head saying "You'll never reach it" Every step I'm taking Every move I make feels Lost with no direction My faith is shaking"
 ----John and I are moving forward in most aspects toward having our own family.  We have been dreaming about this for almost a year now.  Granted we knew we eventually wanted children one day, we weren't planning on having these problems.  There is a voice inside my head and words from others saying we aren't doing the right thing and that it won't work out for the best.  There has been one issue after another in this almost year long journey with infertility and 4 year battle with Endo.  My faith is shaking so is my strength, courage and commitment to this battle we are facing.
   
"But I gotta keep trying Gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be a uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waiting on the other side It's the climb"

----I need to be strong and positive not just for John and I, but for the others that are suffering like we are.  I can not give up.  We have come too far to just quit!  There is always going to be a "Negative Nancy", or obstacle in the way.  That is just the way it is.  Rather if its finances, surgery, thyroid problems or something else.  Some think we just want to do this and do it now.  Yes, that would be awesome but in reality it isn't going to happen over night :(  It WILL happen someday.  Remember, my biological clock is ticking a lot faster than most.  However it is about what is waiting on the other side.  This journey has pushed us apart and pulled us back together again.  This "Climb" is very hard and sometimes it is hard to continue. 
 
"The struggles I'm facing The chances I'm taking Sometimes might knock me down But no, I'm not breaking I may not know it But these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most, yeah Just gotta keep going And I, I got to be strong Just keep pushing on" 

----We are taking a risk by putting my body through all of these tests, surgeries, and treatments.  They all have deffienetly have knocked me down.  I have broken down but I Keep Calm and Chive On :P  I am going to remember how this journey has brought John and I closer, pulled us apart, our families support, our friends support and that this blog has helped women around the world.  My story has been read in over 16 countries by people from all walks of life.  I have to keep pushing forward and fight this ugly battle and know I CAN DO THIS!! 
 
"'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be a uphill battle Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waiting on the other side It's the climb, yeah! There's always gonna be another mountain I'm always gonna wanna make it move Always gonna be an uphill battle Somebody's gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah! Keep on moving, keep climbing Keep the faith, baby It's all about, it's all about the climb Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa" 

----Believe me John and I will NOT give up!  We have a dream and it will come true one day.  One day we will have a beautiful family no matter how it happens.  This Climb has been a test for us.  So far we are passing.  I do not know how I would survive this without such an amazing support group. We are hoping, dreaming, keeping the faith, and saving for our "One Day".  We are not breaking <3

Until next time.... KEEP THE FAITH :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoping and Praying....

Hoping and Praying....